Wednesday, September 1, 2021
MLB play at first base mistakenly reverses an out back into a safe call in game between Cleveland and Kansas City.
Thursday, August 12, 2021
Sportscam Detective reveals the real reason Cleveland Guardians was selected as the replacement name.
- a brief recap is in order of what names could have been chosen,
- why the name the Guardians is an awful choice,
- and why the name the Guardians may be the best choice.
Sportscam Detective likes the name the Cleveland Beltways. The reason I like the name at first is a head scratcher but when the reasons are given for the name Beltways the entire Cleveland region's reputation is embellished.
My top choices are….
The Cleveland Beltways (click link for full article)
The Cleveland Chasers (Cleveland is always chasing after a championship in multiple sports. Lebron James, who helped chase down the first championship for Cleveland in 50 years, also became known for his ability to chase down a player from behind and block their lay-ups).
The Cleveland Shakers. Shaker Heights is a core part of Cleveland and I like the name, Cleveland Shakers.
The Cleveland Colavitos. If only Cleveland had given to Rocky Colavito what Mr. Colavito was relentlessly giving to the Cleveland Indians, this would be a no brainer.
I do NOT like Cleveland Guardians for many reasons.
- Baseball is the one sport where one team does not perpetually guard all of the the other team's starting players.
- Basketball, Football, and Hockey ALL require guarding all of the players from the opposing team that are on the field, court, or ice rink at all times.
- Even when there is a need to guard a baserunner in baseball it is still one position player doing the guarding and ironically, the player guarding the baserunner actually stops guarding the base runner so they can get into position as the next pitch is being thrown to the plate.
I also do not like the name Guardians because there are frightening examples of Guardianship fraud in the U.S.
- Senior’s rights and their wealth is being taken from them without their consent all over the country and complicit judicial systems are involved.
- There are many cases in which a Guardianship victim’s own family may be denied visitation access to their parents or grandparents after a Guardianship coup has been performed by either a Government worker or a member of the family who cunningly creates a secretive Guardianship scenario without letting anyone else who is related to the the person being “guarded” know what is going on, until it is too late to change it.
Possibly the grimmest and saddest reason of all to detest the name Guardians is Cleveland MLB baseball has a pathetic history of keeping its most popular player’s, aka fans favorites, or Guardians, in a Cleveland Uniform.
- Let’s start with Rocky Colavito. If ever there was a Guardian for Indians Baseball it is Rocky Colavito. Before Cleveland Baseball twice gave up on Colavito, Colavito hit 150 home runs in the Minors prior to being called up, and then. Colavito hit another 374 in the Majors. When Colavito retired after 1968, it was not as an Indian.
- Nobody in Cleveland among ownership and the media had the foresight to encourage Rocky Colavito to try and get in shape and be the Cleveland DH in 1971. If Mr. Colavito had made a comeback by only having to focus on being a DH, can you imagine the excitement that would have been created in Cleveland? What if Colavito, who was known for having a great arm, had come back as a pinch hitter, DH, and reliever?
- Hank Aaron was able to extend his home run record with two years of DH’ing, Colavito was only 6 months older than Aaron, yet nobody suggested he try be a pinch hitter, DH, and reliever?
- Aaron played 10 more years than Colavito did. I think part of the reason was Colavito never had his forever fans and forever stadium like many greats of his time did.
- Many great players of the 60' s and 70's remained with the same team their entire career, if Colavito had been treated equally to those other stars, he would be in the Hall of Fame and Cleveland fans of the early 70's would have had their own Guardian Sports player to root for.
However, having said all of the above…the real reason the name Guardians was chosen has never been revealed until now. I believe the reason why the Guardians name was selected is Paul Dolan Jr. is tributing mostly his father, and to some degree himself as the Guardians of Cleveland Indians baseball. Without their ownership the team may have fled to another State by now.
Who can argue against that?
Wednesday, July 28, 2021
Simone Biles may have a physical impairment, not an emotional one, so why is everyone stating it is an emotional issue, cuz she's a girl?
Wednesday, July 21, 2021
Both the NFL and MLB have flaws in their instant replay guidelines that need to be immediately corrected.
Saturday, June 5, 2021
Monday, May 17, 2021
DK Metcalf was a lot closer to winning his first 100m heat than most realized, according to Sportscam Detective.
Friday, May 14, 2021
Saturday, April 17, 2021
Why it is perfectly fine to use Instant Reply in Baseball to see if a Baserunner loses contact with the base on a slide.
Thursday, February 11, 2021
- Cleveland and the surrounding communities have several connections to Beltways, some from the past that represent where Cleveland evolved from, some going forward, and some remarkable beltways that are a hallmark to Cleveland and the envy of those who have experienced them.
- In the previous century those who had to experience the drive into Cleveland from the suburbs encountered some very smelly smoke stacks, a smog beltway that thankfully no longer permeates the Cleveland airways.
- Cleveland was once considered part of the Midwest Industrial Beltway.
- Presently, Cleveland is considered part of the rust beltway area of the country.
- Very close to Cleveland is the Magical Snow Beltway in which north of one particular road, snow will fall because of the Lake Erie effect while on the south side of the same road, no snow will fall. I was able to witness this phenomena as a teenager growing up in Cleveland. I recall reaching this particular intersection (whose name escapes me now) and looking across the intersection and seeing big snowflakes dropping out of the sky like fly balls in the outfield. Yet on my side of the intersection as I was waiting for the light to change, nothing, no snow, no rain, no wind, just a gentle silence. After quickly checking to see if there were any cars coming up from behind me, I waited several seconds after the light turned green before grudgingly driving across the intersection and into the Snow Beltway. It was truly hypnotic to witness a Snow Beltway straight ahead, as if one had actually reached the beginning of the proverbial rainbow with the added pleasure of snowflake unicorns slowly cradling the sky as I drove forward.
- What better way to tribute the Cleveland Beltway's own Tom Hamilton for every home run call Hamilton has belted out over the airwaves and also into the stands at Jacobs Field and then Progressive Field. On occasion Mr. Hamilton's radio home run beltway calls have even infiltrated the television feeds of the game.
- Cleveland and the surrounding necklace of freeways have a certain beltway feel to them as they provide vital links between the network of suburban rural roadways and Downtown, Cleveland.
- Not to be forgotten are the Cleveland Metroparks, an extensive series of nature preserve links that encircle Cleveland in a beltway that is the envy of those who have moved away from Cleveland and vividly recall the Metro Parks and all of their living vitality.
- If and when the Cleveland Beltways do win their first World Series with their new name, It will probably be a Belt and a Bunt (courtesy of Manning and Underwood) that makes it happen.
Saturday, February 6, 2021
The Strange case of Bradley Zimmer and how the Cleveland Indians might be missing his True Potential.
- Bradley Zimmer can throw over 100 miles an hour
- Bradley Zimmer sometimes throws the ball so hard and low that it has hit the ground a mere 60 feet from where he released his throw, yet the ball skip bounced so fast a runner trying to stretch a single into a double was still out at second.
- Bradley Zimmer runs really, really, fast.
- Bradley Zimmer is so fast and has such a long stride that running at full speed and taking his first step onto the warning track it now becomes too late for Zimmer to safely stop before crashing into the outfield fence at full speed.
- If Zimmer ever ran into another outfielder while running at full speed, both outfielders could be seriously hurt and even have their careers ended.
- Bradley Zimmer is too talented for the outfield.
- Bradley Zimmer should either play first base, or be a Closer.
Monday, January 18, 2021
The Stolen Touchdown. 2021 Cleveland Browns vs Kansas City Chiefs Playoff game decided by OBVIOUS non Targeting Call.
Thursday, November 12, 2020
Monday, November 2, 2020
NFL improved helmets seem to be encouraging their players to launch when making tackles, causing concussions, spinal and neck injuries.
Wednesday, August 19, 2020
MLB baseball should adopt a better strategy for home runs that are launched well above the foul poles.
I have extensive experience as a camera person and an editor, having done both for over 15 intense years, plus another 15 years of location camera work.
I have come up with some innovative ideas for determining if a baseball or a football that flies far above the post that determines if it is fair or foul.
This is just another frustrating example of how Major League Baseball is not doing as good of a job as it can when it comes to high flying home runs.
Los Angeles Emmy winning Producer Alessandro Machi combines his editing, camera and observational skills to provide unique insights into the World of Sports.